Skip to content
1 in stock
- This Freemartin Probe is a newly developed vaginal probe to detect freemartin heifers and/or determine if heifers born co-twin to a bull have a normal reproductive tract.
- The crucial probe end length is 7cm.
- Research has shown that no freemartin calf has a vaginal length longer than 7cm.
- The distal end of the narrower center section is 14cm from the tip.
- Over 95 percent of heifers born co-twin to a bull and with a normal reproduction tract have a vaginal length of 14cm or more.
- Animals with a vaginal length of 7-14cm should have chromosome testing done to confirm if a freemartin.
- This probe is designed to be used on heifers 30 days or less of age.